Wednesday 7 November 2012

CORE Magazine feature

                                           



My hair and makeup are featured in the October edition of CORE magazine with the feature entitled 'Young Friesians' . The magazine is aimed at local business and culture in Falkirk. The shoot took place in the Summer with stylist Laura Villanueva. Great photography from Dylan Drummond    with models:Eilidh Bell and Shannon Kerr. Hats were from Mairi Brunning Millinery, corsets from 'Bad Kitty.
There is a funny story behind this shoot, I was asked to be the hair and makeup artist by Laura and upon arriving at the farmhouse in Angus I was surrounded by a number of dogs barking round my car. Now anyone who knows me is aware that I have a fear of dogs I don't know due to experiencing an attack a couple of years ago, therefore there was no chance of me leaving my car to do hair and makeup. I have swam with sharks, had large snakes around my neck and been near alligators and am fine but jumpy round certain dogs (sounds weird I know). The crew and models were also running late so  while I waited I set up my hair and makeup station in the boot of my car in the wheat field half a mile up the road (no dogs). I was also not hanging about for makeup touch-ups as the dogs were still present so was a fairly quick day for me. In spite of the initial set back I am really pleased with the feature -well done to everyone involved. Some of my favourite images are here .

No comments:

Post a Comment