Friday 2 November 2012

Where on earth has the time gone!!!!? Part 1

Blimey- I know it's a well-worn cliche  but time certainly does fly when you're busy! I have neglected blogging and been posting mainly on my FB page so all of my work over the past 6 months is on that also. Please join my page and share with friends to keep up to date.
I have split this into 2 parts-PART 1
I managed to fit in 2 trips to London- in May it was for relaxation purposes but being the happy workaholic I am I decided to fit in a women's business meeting (in between shopping and shows) in Kensington with the Athena Network who have groups throughout the world  /. They made me very welcome and I was very impressed with the calibre of professionalism and warmth of the group and I made some great contacts. Unfortunately they don't have a group available in Scotland which is a pity.

LOVE! I did buy some Pixi 'Endless Silky Eye Pens which I really love -they last for ages and are mid-range priced and in lots of colours. The only down-side is they wore down quicker than I would have liked but apart from this I would recommend.


My second trip was London Fashion  Week A/W 13 in September assisting Makeup Artist Lan Ngyuen Grealis at Vauxhall fashion Scout where I was asked to do 6 shows and was also interviewed by Vauxhall Fashion Scout reporting team  
The  Body Shop provided the makeup for the shows and I really love their shimmer cube palettes.


I have been fortunate enough to have been part of assisting at LFW for past 4 years since my training at the Academy of Freelance Makeup (LONDON/NEW YORK)
and have assisted twice with them and twice with Lan. It's all been interesting and have learned so much but as I have to self-finance this I need to focus on paid work and continue to professionally develop myself in all formats.


As part of the Invite Magazine Team responsible for Hair and Makeup and feature writer I reported from backstage  behind the scenes at some of the shows and took some pictures- the deadline for submission was tight however it got written while traveling back from London-to read my article you can buy or subscribe to 'Invite' and the current edition will be available next week (see stockists by following link).

Talking of 'Invite' - as well as my LFW feature I have 4 other features which include my hair and makeup , one is a children's Cowboys and Indians' shoot and the other 2 are a Sweeney Todd/Mrs Lovatt Fancy Dress look where I explain how to achieve the look. My friend Raymond Wood assisted with this and did some spectacular special effects blood and gore on our 'Sweeney' model- as they were considered unsuitable for inclusion they're not in the mag but will be posted her and on FB as soon as I can. A special thank you to Paul Merchant of 'Charles Fox' Covent Garden, London for supplying products from the store. I try to pop in for products when am in London and love the massive range of  Kryolan makeup

I also write a feature detailing how to achieve our cover girl look for our model Sula Powell' hair where I used makeup supplied by Illamasqua  Glasgow
I am a huge fan of their products and have have had  them in my kit since they formed the company. I have used their products in magazines, bridal, film and video and they are amazing-check them out! I styled Sula's hair using While in London for Fashion Week I also squeezed in a masterclass with Illamasqua trainer Adam John who as well as being uber -talented is such a lovely person and so giving.
As well as Sula being included in a feature about Kinettles House Hotel , where she exudes full-on Hollywood Glamour she is also on the front cover. I have worked with Sula lots of times and despite being only 16 she is very mature in outlook and she's definitely going places! Lousie Beattie photographed the shoot and did a fantastic job as always
and  'The Frockery's Alison Preuss supplied some amazing period outfits and accessories and has very affordable, sought-after pieces which can be purchased on line. 
I hope you enjoy my regular hair/makeup page- this edition I will be giving advice and tips on choosing your hair and makeup artist for your Wedding Day. If there is anything hair and makeup wise you would like me to include in my column let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment